Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Film Noir

Film Noir is probably the genre in film that I know the least about that we are studying. Before hearing and learning about it in class I had no idea what it was. Now I know its a solid genre that is a dark, black and white, detective type movie. I had some good expectations coming into it because I heard Chinatown was really good. Being pretty far into our first movie I think the dialect is pretty different but interesting. I think the movie is fine, but boring at times. All in all i have high hopes for Chinatown.

2 comments:

Andrew Swenson said...

Nice post, I didn't know much about the genre either.

patrick said...

i do not know much about this genre and feel like the movies that we have watched in class are the first ones that i have seen. i am still kind of skeptical about film noir and think that they all are too much alike. hopefully chinatown will be better!