Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Commando

Over break I watched a movie I haven't seen in a long time. Commando is one of the most overlooked movies in my opinion. I don't know if it's because Rambo is similar or because Arnold Schwarzenegger has so many other killer (pun intended) movies. This movie is great on many levels. First of all Arnold's name is John Matrix which can only be beat by Max Steele. Second is that in the final shootout scenes Arnold gets tons of guns, body pain, and the only thing he's missing is a shirt. More importantly the dialogue of Commando makes movies like Citizen Kane sound like Sesame Street. Last but not least the shootout is top 10. The clincher for me is when he kills over 90 people. One of these kills is when he shoots the holder of his daugher with a shotgun about 4 times through a window. Despite what you thought about the power of a shotgun, John Matrix wasn't taking any chances. Regardless of how easy killing over 90 people single handedly at one time sounds,you must know John Matrix says, "I eat Green Berets for Breakfast". So next time you try that, ask yourself one question,"can you eat green berets for breakfast"?

Good Movie Clip- its only a small part of the final killing scene, though.







3 comments:

cjhinueber said...

Dovo,
that clip was the greatest killing seen i have ever seen. After watching i had to hide all my guns so i wasn't tempted to take down an entire city like matrix

Caitlin said...

I agree with Cj, good choice of movie clip for this blog it was really entertaining to watch! It makes me want to see the entire movie.

Brendan Baker said...

Andrew D,
As usual I was thoroughly impressed with your post. I've never seen or even heard of the movie Commando, but after that, it's moved to the top of my Netflix list. Come on, with a name like John Matrix, how could the movie not be Oscar worthy? Looking forward to reading more posts soon!!

Brendan